Technology is the use of scientific knowledge to the practical aims of human life. It also includes the use of machinery and other devices that facilitate and automate human activities, often referred to as ‘robotics’.
1. Increased productivity: As technology increases, people can perform tasks faster and with greater efficiency. For example, businesses can now automate many processes that previously needed a lot of manual input. This is a great benefit for both blue and white collar workers.
2. Democratised access to information: With internet-connected smartphones, people can now learn anything they want from anywhere in the world. This makes it easier for students to complete their studies without leaving home.
3. Improved communication: With the help of internet-connected mobile devices, people can now send and receive text messages, Twitter updates, tumbles, emails, and faxes, and they can also connect with friends and family on a global scale.
4. Reduced costs: With the advancement of technology, people have been able to purchase machinery that is more advanced and productive than before, making things like farming, electronics, medicine, and automobiles more affordable.
5. The future of technology: It is very likely that there will be many new technological developments coming up in the near future. These could include space travel, robotics, superintelligence, and even more innovative computer systems that will assist in everyday human activities.
This is all positive news for the future of humanity, and if it is implemented properly, can benefit mankind. However, it is important to understand that all forms of technology have both advantages and disadvantages.